1850's Stoneware Master Ink Bottle3D ModelNoAI
This artifact is from our historic archaeology project at the Moseley Homestead National Register of Historic Places site in Brandon, Florida. The bottle is a hand-turned stoneware in lmedium brown color. The Bourne company began in c.1809 with entrepreneur William Bourne, using a clay source near Derbyshire to produce his ware. The J. Bourne & Son makers mark as seen on this bottle, was in use after about 1850. The mark also contains the name of London ink company, P. & J Arnold. Pichard and John Arnold’s company was the manufacturer of over 30 types of ink sold in these types of bottles in the early 19th-century.