Loading 3D model
You are seeing a 360° image instead.
Connection error. Please try again.
Sorry, the model can't be displayed.
Please check out our FAQ to learn how to fix this issue.
It looks like your browser or this site is blocking some scripts or cookies necessary to properly display the viewer.
Or visit the Help Center for more information:
18th Century English Hanger 3D Model
18th C. English
Catalogue Number: OC059
An example of a hanger sword with a finely crafted silver hilt. Hangers were shorter swords carried as sidearms during the 18th and 19th Centuries. They were most often composed of a slightly curved blade paired with a fairly simple hilt. The quality of the hilt would vary depending on the owner, ranging from simple utilitarian iron knucklebows, to more decorative guards. This particular example has a hilt of sterling silver, struck with a hallmark indicating it was manufactured in London in 1795.
- Overall Length : 33.5 in | 852mm
- Blade Length from front of guard: 28.0 in | 712mm
- Blade Width (@ Guard): 1.40 in | 35.5mm
- Grip Length : 4.13 in | 105mm
- Guard Width (@ Widest): 3.26 in | 82.7mm
- Center of Mass : 6.10 in | 155mm (from crossguard)
- Weight: 1.49 lbs | 674.0 gr