Loading 3D model
You are seeing a 360° image instead.
Connection error. Please try again.
Sorry, the model can't be displayed.
Please check out our FAQ to learn how to fix this issue.
It looks like your browser or this site is blocking some scripts or cookies necessary to properly display the viewer.
Or visit the Help Center for more information:
24h of crime in LA 3D Model
Pro-tip: do not hesitate to pause and scroll through the animation !
I animated the data by regrouping the arrests according to the time of the day (each frame represents 15 min, and the animation starts at midnight), and regrouped them under 7 distinct categories (c.f. annotation).
Some interesting patterns might be related to:
- partying and fighting in Hollywood and Downtown LA (big bright spots)
- alcohol and drug consumption late at night (red roads)
- prostitution and gambling on the boulevards (bright blue lines)
- pick-pockets at touristic places? (turquoise spots)
What I’d like to try next:
- Animated legends for readability
- “Time of day” system
- Better layering: is 3D really relevant for such datasets ?
CC Attribution Creative Commons Attribution
Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed.Learn more