Anglo-Saxon stone sculptureYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Part of late eighth or early nineth century Anglo-Saxon cross shaft: ‘Halton 3b’ in the Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture Vol. 9 (p. 186) by Richard Bailey. (http://www.ascorpus.ac.uk/catvol9.php?pageNum_urls=99&totalRows_urls=247 ) It is cemented into the north wall inside St Wilfrid’s church, Halton, Lancashire. An article by Thomas Pickles http://DOI:10.1179/006812809x12448232842295 places the piece in the context of its intriguing religious and social environment.