AnschlussdenkmalYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
“Anschluss” Monument in Oberschützen. The monument was erected in Oberschützen (Burgenland) after Austria’s “Anschluss” to the National Socialism German Reich in 1938/39. Construction according to plans by architect Rudolf Hofer began in October 1938 and was completed in May 1939. It is considered the largest such National Socialism building in Austria. Originally, there were eight pylons with fire bowls in the colonnaded courtyard, and in the centre a gilded eagle was enthroned on a pedestal with the inscription “Ein Volk! Ein Reich! Ein Führer!”. After the collapse of Nazi rule, parts of the monument were removed and destroyed. Again and again, a discussion germinated about the further use of the building. It was to be demolished or the history of its creation made taboo. In 1997, the municipality reinterpreted the monument as a “memorial against violence and racism”. In 2016, the building was listed as a historical monument. In 2018, a renovation took place.