Loading 3D model
Atherton Hall (Digital Reconstruction) 3D Model
Atherton Hall was a country house and estate in Atherton - historically a part of Lancashire, England.
The hall was built between 1723-1742 and was the ancestral seat of the Atherton family, and later passed by marriage into the Powys family before being demolished in 1824.
Many artefacts from the hall are still in the local area such as the original grandfather/tower clock, which is now incorporated into Chowbent Chapel, Atherton; and the organ from the Hall, which was donated to St Oswald’s Church, Winwick and has been in use since.
More information on the history of Atherton Hall can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atherton_Hall,_Leigh
Digital reconstruction by Jeff Nield using Sketchup.
Original architectural drawings, period portraiture and information generated by the Monument Men (Atherton Hall and Lions Bridge Research Project)