Boathilt Smallsword3D Model
Vertices: 10.3kMore model information
c. 18th Century Smallsword
Catalogue Number:OC 028
A silver boat hilt of Norman type 113 guard mounted on a Solingen blade. The Boat hilt style was one of the later forms of the smallsword. It was used as a military as well as civilian sword, the details of the decoration often hinting at the owners occupation.
The slender hexagonal cross-sectioned blade has a deep fuller marked ”GIO PIETRO CLAUBERG” on one side and “DI SOLINGA ME FECIT”. The Clauberg family seems to have been a significant producer in Solingen from at least the early 17th C when Abraham Claubergh was marking blades of his manufacture.
- Overall Length : 36.02 in | 915mm
- Blade Length from front of guard: 30.07 in | 764mm
- Blade Width (@ Guard): 0.63 in | 15.9mm
- Grip Length : 3.15 in | 80mm
- Weight/Mass : 1.011 lb | 458.7 g
CC AttributionCreative Commons Attribution
Mar 13th 2019