For over 200 years, Brandenburg Gate has been an icon for a transforming German identity. Brandenburg Gate was commissioned by Prussian Emperor Frederick William II, to represent peace at the end of the 18th Century. When Napoleon invaded Berlin in 1806, he sacked the bronze quadriga and took it back to Paris. After Napoleon’s defeat, the quadriga was returned, with an added Iron Cross to commemorate the victory.
Optimized model to under 1Million of triangles.
Citation CyArk 2018: Brandenburg Gate - LiDAR - Terrestrial , Photogrammetry . Collected by CyArk , Institute for Photogrammetry . Distributed by Open Heritage 3D. https://doi.org/10.26301/d51v-fq77