Built in 1824 on land donated by Ignatius Davis, with money raised by subscriptions. The church measured 33 by 45 feet and cost $1,000. Wide galleries lined 3 sides and seven benches were placed in the center. The Civil War divided Buckeystown, and the church doors closed when a Northern minister was appointed. The building was used as a library for a short time at the turn of the century. In 1905, Charles Thomas, who lived across the street, dismantled the church and used the stone for the foundations of houses that he built for employees of the Thomas & Son Brick Yard and the Buckeystown Packing Company. Text adapted from the Buckeystown Preservation Society, 1995.
More information at https://www.markfordvis.com/services/#3dmodeling
CC AttributionCreative Commons Attribution