Burg ImbachYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The castle is located on a 40 meter high rock spur next to the Krems River in Imbach, a cadastral district of Senftenberg. The castle was the seat of the noble free “von Minnenbach” which are detectable for the first time in 1130. In 1269, the castle of Alberto von Feldsberg is handed over to the monastery Imbach. The building stock of the abandoned castle was used as a quarry for the construction of the monastery. The castle complex of Imbach is one of the most important references of the early castle construction in eastern Austria. The castle complex, with the use of marble handrails, is considered the leading form of masonry technology of the early 12th century.