Senftenberg is situated in the area known as the Kremstal. High above the village is the old ruins of it’s castle.
The “Verein zur Erhaltung der Burgruine Senftenberg” has set itself the goal of preserving and partially rebuilding the foundation walls, and various events are organized by the association every year.
A construction of a brick castle on high ground probably dates back to the 11th century.
In 1717 Emperor Charles VI gave the dominion of Senftenberg to the Counts of Starhemberg, who still own the ruins today.