Bust of John Garstang3D Model
The archaeologist John Garstang has a long history with the University of Liverpool. In 1902, Garstang became the honorary reader in Egyptian Archaeology at the University. He was also instrumental in the creation of the Institute of Archaeology at Liverpool in 1904, acting as its honorary secretary until it was incorporated into the University in 1948. More recently in 2004, the departmental museum of the School of Archaeology, Classics, and Egyptology was renamed in honour of Garstang, to celebrate one hundred years since the foundation of the Institute. In 1907, Garstang was appointed the Professor of Methods and Practice of Archaeology at the University, a role he held until his retirement.
Photography and Model Credit: JR Peterson
Texture Credit: Ardern Hulme-Beaman