Campbell Gas EngineYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The machine produced by the Campbell Gas Engine Company of Kingston in Halifax belonged to the power station of the Advent City mine on Svalbard, which only operated from 1904 and 1908. While almost all the reusable parts of the small settlement were reused elsewhere, the power station with all its installations remained in place and slowly deteriorated on the beach of the Arctic Sea. The machine shown here was probably never installed in the power plant, but was probably a spare part. Apart from the machine itself, there are other spare parts scattered on the beach, many still packed in the crates with which they left England over a hundred years ago.