Castle in Lublin, ca 1650Your model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
From the 13th century the castle hill housed castellan quarters, a wooden burgh with a cylindrical tower. Under King Casimir the Great the wooden buildings were replaced with a stone Gothic castle with an adjacent chapel. The buildings were expanded in the 1520s. The castle was torn down in 1655. Some of the buildings supposedly collapsed due to cellars extending from the Podzamcze area. In the 17th century the remaining buildings were secured, and a chancellery and archives were added. In 1823-1824 the ruins of the old castle were torn down, and the remaining buildings were turned into a prison until 1954. The castle was then renovated turned into a cultural centre.
3d Modeling: Wojciech Miedziocha, Robert Miedziocha Consultations/documentation: Roman Zwierzchowski
Wykorzystano materiały stworzone w ramach projektu europejskiego Erasmus+: „APPROACH Urban Timemaps – Applicable Representation of City Centres with Heritage Importance” – „Prezentacja Centrów Miast Historycznych w formie zdigitalizowanej”