Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe, MexicoYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The Cathedral of Our Lady of Guadalupe is a gothic revival Catholic cathedral located in Zamora, Michoacán, Mexico.
The cornerstone of the cathedral was laid on February 2, 1898, the feast of Candlemas, by the second bishop of Zamora, Don Jose Ma. Càzares y Martinez. The architectural plan is attributed to the Zamoran architect Jesús Hernández Segura. The diocese had been established in 1862 and needed a cathedral.
The construction started in 1898, with a crew of more than 300 men working on the site. It was designed in the neogothic, or gothic revival style with an unusual twist, a dome over the crossing. The cathedral would contain 5 extensive naves, 4 of which had been roofed over by the end of 1910; vast amounts of quarry stone were required in order to accelerate the work.