Vertices: 3.5MMore model information
The 167 ft three masted schooner Chester B. Jones was built in 1873 as a three-masted schooner. It was converted to a schooner barge and was towed for most of its career. It was used as a barge by the Michigan Limestone and Chemical Company (MLCC) at Calcite on Lake Huron. It was eventually abandoned in 1924 due to old age in the bay near the quarry loading port. Today only a portion of it lies in 16 ft of water and is buoyed by the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary for kayakers, snorkelers and divers. The model was created from 901 30 megapixel images shot in a 15 minute dive.