Clachmhor Cup Marked Stone, Culnakirk 0820Your model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
NH 4992 3109: ‘Clachmhor’ lies close to the east side of the farm of Culnakirk. It is a large flat block of grey gneiss about 16’ long, 9’ broad and 1’ thick, lying N. and S. The southern half of the stone bears 113 cup- marks up to 4 1/4” diameter and 1 1/8” in depth, many united (usually in pairs) by grooves.
There are distinct indications that this stone was once surrounded by a circle of boulders or standing stones. Several of these still remain, 2 or 3 feet in width, 15 to 17 feet apart, on the north and east sides, and from 35 to 40 feet from ‘Clachmaor’. On the south- west side, the circle has been obliterated by a rough cart track. which passes over its site.
W Jolly 1882.