The bell was probably cast in the Kraków bell foundry of Kacper Franke operating in Kraków in the years 1601–1639. On the circumference there is a raised inscription: LAUDATE DOMINUM IN CYMBALIS BENE SONANTIBUS ANNO 1637 (Praise the Lord loudly in 1637). The order for the bell was probably issued by the parish priest of Miechów and at the same time the royal secretary, Piotr Gembicki of the Nałęcz coat of arms, who in 1638 became the great crown chancellor. The bell has no heart. The sound was obtained by hitting its outer part with the hammer of a mechanical clock.
ID no.: MZM/D/R/6
Creator: Kacper Franke (?)
Time and place of creation: 1637, Kraków, Poland
The Museum of Ziemia Miechowska in Miechów
Digitalisation: RDW MIC, Małopolska museum visits project.