Loading 3D model
Culver Battery, Isle of Wight 3D Model
Culver Battery is a former coastal artillery battery on Culver Down, on the eastern side of the Island. The fortification is one of several Palmerston Forts built on the island following concerns about the size and strength of the French Navy in the late 19th century. It was operational during the First and Second World Wars. The battery was closed in 1956.