Dominican monastery, island of Šćedro, CroatiaYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Model created by: Mariusz Milka Source photographs and videos: Ewelina Heil, Mariusz Milka, Mia Marijan, Nina Marijan. Project supported by the Friends of the island of Šćedro Association
Music: Virtutes Vocis by Kevin MacLeod Link: https://incompetech.filmmusic.io/song/4591-virtutes-vocis License: https://filmmusic.io/standard-license
The ruins of the Dominican monastery of Saint Mary of Mercy. The exact date of construction is not known, but it is first mentioned in available documents in 1460. After the departure of the Dominicans in the 18th century, the French occupation followed and the monastery complex became the property of the state, which sold it in 1898. This marked the beginning of the permanent settlement of the island, to which the development of permanent agricultural crops also contributed.