Loading 3D model
You are seeing a 360° image instead.
Connection error. Please try again.
Sorry, the model can't be displayed.
Please check out our FAQ to learn how to fix this issue.
It looks like your browser or this site is blocking some scripts or cookies necessary to properly display the viewer.
Or visit the Help Center for more information:
All earthquakes, with a magnitude above 2.5, which have occured since January the 1st, 2000 (that’s a little more than 500k earthquakes in total).
Following the annotations (use the arrows on the side of your screen on mobile) will pinpoint some of the most intense or deadly seismic events of the last 20 years.
Pro-tip: Double-click somewhere on the model to focus on a specific area, or anywhere else to recenter the view !
- Color mapped to magnitude, from 2.5 (black/dark purple) to 7 (bright yellow).
- Earthquakes depth exagerated by a factor 3.
- Earthquakes data from USGS Earthquake Catalog
- Landmask data from NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory
- The Python script I used is available here if you are curious !
PS: More info on Sketchfab Community Blog: https://sketchfab.com/blogs/community/visualizing-earthquake-data-using-point-clouds/
CC Attribution Creative Commons Attribution
Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed.Learn more