East Liberty SchoolhouseYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Built in 1890, the East Libery schoolhouse was the destination for school children and marms in District 11 of (what was then known as) Green Township. Built in Romanesque Revival architecture, the schoolhouse was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2018. Early into the 20th century, the interior of the structure was renovated to double the number of classrooms, two. The year prior to its closure, in 1927, the school accommodated 90 students in grades first through eighth.
The structure sat on the corner of S. Arlington Rd and E. Turkeyfoot Lake Rd. (State Route 619) before being purchased along with the surrounding land by Circle K, which in turn donated the structure to the City of Green. The City moved the schoolhouse about 500 feet north along S. Arlington to its current location. Prior to this, the East Liberty schoolhouse was used as storage and a furniture store.
Source: Akron Beacon Journal, Dec. 31st
The structure was sold at auction on Jan 24th, 2019.
University of Akron; SHiP