Since the 16th century, the three farms in village Ekeby in Vänge near Uppsala, Sweden, have been allocated to the archbishopric of Uppsala. A detailed house inspection protocol from 1777 is the basis for the 3D visualization of the village’s then circa 40 buildings, from the most miniature secret house to barns and residential buildings. The visualization has been made possible through close collaboration between historians, building historians, and graphic / game designers. Other sources about the village’s history have also been used in the process. The result is a detailed 3D model of the village.
The research behind this model is funded by The Swedish National Heritage Board and Brandförsäkringsverkets stiftelse för bebyggelsehistorisk forskning.