Fischer von ErlachYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Fischer von Erlach Monument at the town hall square. The statue of Fischer von Erlach dates back to 1867. The sculptor Josef Cesar depicts Erlach with a plan in his hand. Until 1897 the statue was located on the Elisabeth Bridge.
Johann Bernhard Fischer, since 1696 Fischer von Erlach (1656-1723), was an Austrian architect of the Baroque period. Fischer learned the sculptor’s craft from his father, Johann Baptist Fischer from Graz. In 1688 he came to Vienna and became the teacher of the young heir to the throne Josef. In 1688 he drew up a visionary ideal plan for Schönbrunn for the imperial family. After various alterations, however, only fragments remain. Between 1693 and 1699 he built five churches in the prince archdiocese of Salzburg. In 1698 he began the first phase of construction of the city palace of Prince Eugene. In 1715, he won the tender for the construction of the Karlskirche, which is considered his major work.