Flying Fish Fin, Trinity HouseYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
This pectoral fin from a flying fish was recovered from a fish that landed on the deck of the Loch Ryan on its great voyage from Sydney to London in 1905.
Pectoral fins act as wings to propel fish in short glides above the water to escape predators.
The Loch Ryan was one of a group of clippers of the Loch Line, managed by Messrs William Aitken and James Lilburn in Glasgow from 1867 to 1911. These sailing ships took passengers and goods between the UK and Australia.
For information on visiting Trinity House, go to our website.
90 x 40 x 5mm, 120 x 70 x 1mm
TRH119 | Rae Project