Geàrraidh Fliuch - farmhouse 5Your model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Geàrraidh Fliuch is a pre-Clearnce township, cleared and demolished in around 1828 to use its land, and that of several other nearby settlements, for the use by sheep. The township’s land allocation, over 1,000 acres, ran coast to coast, from the Atlantic to Loch Skipport to the North of Beinn an Tairbeirt.
The substantial ruins of this late mediaeval black house and an outbuilding, likely to be a corn drying kiln, in the eastern part of the township. The main settlement area can be found to the West of Ruabhal below Hew Lorimer’s Lady of the Isles statue and modern Uist’s main North-South road.
A 1 Metre red-white ranging pole is aligned North-South