Geàrraidh Fliuch - Peninsula moundYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Geàrraidh Fliuch is a pre-Clearnce township, cleared and demolished in around 1828 to use its land, and that of several other nearby settlements, for the use by sheep. The township’s land allocation, over 1,000 acres, ran coast to coast, from the Atlantic to Loch Skipport to the North of Beinn an Tairbeirt.
This is a small peninsula on Loch an Dùin Mhòr. There is a sub-circular mound, about a metre in height with what appears to be the demolished remains of a small building on the top surface. The two islands on the loch both have significant dùn structures, and this might conceal something similar within the mound.
A 1 Metre red-white ranging pole is aligned North-South. \the raw photo sequence for this model was using a GoPro camera on a 3 metre pole.