Loading 3D model
You are seeing a 360° image instead.
Connection error. Please try again.
Sorry, the model can't be displayed.
Please check out our FAQ to learn how to fix this issue.
It looks like your browser or this site is blocking some scripts or cookies necessary to properly display the viewer.
Or visit the Help Center for more information:
Glyptothek Satyr 3D Model
- Scale: Lifesize
- Height: 170 cm
- Category: Sculpture
- Material: Marble
- Name: Leaning satyr, copy after a Praxitele’s type. (ca. 320 BC).
- Acquisition Data: Formerly in Palazzo Ruspoli (Rome), acquired in 1812 for Munich
- Current Location: Glyptothek Museum, Munich, Germany - Room 5 (Saal der Eirene)
- Supports: one of the most detailed supports cataloged to date. Tree support is fully carved, and depicts a set of grapes dangling from beneath the figure’s right hand. Tree hollow at the base of the support seems similar to the ones seen on the Capitoline and St. Petersburg copies.
- Struts: two; high hip and mid-calf. Carved to resemble branches.
- Additional Data:
- Photo Credit: Aurel Von Marx
CC Attribution Creative Commons Attribution
Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed.Learn more