Lokalizacja: ul. Kijowska, ul. Barlickiego, 42-506 Będzin, Polska
start of production in: 1857
GPS: 50.35385250, 19.087089678 - https://goo.gl/maps/Kq4G49JsKyHjT9ST9
In Grodziec, which is a district of Będzin, there are magnificent industrial ruins. Tall chimneys, silos, sunken floors of the halls are remnants of the oldest cement plant in Poland. It was built by Jan Ciechanowski within his land estate in 1857. The plant had remained in the hands of the family until the mid-20s of the last century, when it was taken over by the Belgian company “Solvay”. Portland cement was manufactured here until 1979.