Gun and Carriage, Fort GeorgeYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
This is a 32-pounder single barrel breach loading gun and carriage from Fort George dating from 1882. It is eight-feet long, placed on a slide with quoin and wedge for maneuverability, looking out across Moray Firth. Allegedly, it was brought to Fort George in 1968 from Edinburgh Castle.
Fort George is the finest example of 18th Century military engineering in the British Isles. It is still an active Army base.
To learn more about Fort George, go to our website.
FG.1882.01 | Rae Project