Inchinnan 2. Cross-shaft fragmentYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
Project commissioned by Inchinnan Historical Interest Group. Funded by Historic Environment Scotland and Heritage Lottery Fund.
Inchinnan 2 (St Conval), Renfrewshire, cross-shaft fragment.
Stone type: Sandstone.
Place of discovery: NS 4904 6803
Present location: Located in a railed shelter outside Inchinnan New Parish Church.
Evidence of discovery: Recorded by Stuart in the mid 19th century lying in the graveyard. A new church was built in 1900, and the slab was placed on raised plinths outside the church. It was taken to the New Parish Church when the old church was demolished in 1965, and displayed on a brick plinth in a shelter outside the church. It seems likely that it has been re-used as a recumbent graveslab, perhaps in the 17th century.
Date: Late 9th to 11th century.