This medieval jug with a plaited handle and incised decorations was found in 1878 by an assistant grave digger who spotted it projecting from a grave in the burial ground at St Andrews Cathedral. It was broken with his spade, but later reconstructed.
For information on visiting St Andrews Cathedral, see our website.
310 x 185 x 175mm
SAC312 | Rae Project