Monument for the victims of WW1 After the WW1, nearly every town or village in Belgium erected a monument for the fallen soldiers at the Yser-front. Due to the fact that Leopoldsburg was created by the military at the ‘Camp de Beverloo’ and baptised in 1850 with the name “Bourg-Léopold” (after the first King of Belgium), the village got a fierce monument. At the start, this Lion was surrounded by artefacts from the War like cannons.
Later, these cannons were removed. The Lion is still there.
Its location is in front of the town hall at: 51° 7‘9.66”N 5°15‘47.59”E.
The model was created by photogrammetry in Agisoft and esited in Simlab Composer. Enjoy!