Mill House basement remainsYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The Mill House at Upminster Windmill was constructed between 1827-38 and was the centre of life on the mill estate. It was demolished in 1960.
There was a large basement kitchen to provide for some thirteen occupants of the house, and in 2011-13 the remains were excavated by the windmill supporters to learn what they could of domestic life in those times.
A new Visitor and Learning Centre has been built over the house remains, so this model has been constructed form photos taken by Richard Saville, a Friends of Upminster Windmill member, and focuses on the basment kitchen. Notice the traditional wood fired bread oven that sat back-to-back with the kitchen range, sharing one chimney in the centre .