Mons Anderson’s lion statue. Statue of a recumbent lion with its head up and frowning mouth open. It has a full, curly mane, flaring nostrils and angry eyes. Lion lays on a base that is the same material. Appears to be cast concrete, and has recently been painted gold.
One of a pair that flanked the entrance to the Mons Anderson Building in downtown La Crosse, WI, on the corner of 2nd St. and Main St. The other lion is in a public park in Spring Grove, MN.
Catalog Number: 1970.006.01
Date: circa 1870
Curated at: La Crosse County Historical Society, La Crosse, Wisconsin Catalog Record
Photogrammetry completed by Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Photography and model processing by Sofia Kinzer and David A. Anderson. Created using Agisoft Photoscan from 18MP images taken with a Canon EOS Rebel T5i.