Mortuary Sword3D Model
Vertices: 49.6kMore model information
17th C English
A basket hilted cut and thrust sword from the middle portion of the 17th Century. The hilt is chased and punched with portraits and mounted figures.
This particular style of sword was popular with cavalry in the English Civil War (1642-1651). The figures on the hilts of swords of this type are said to have depicted Charles I, following his death in 1649. This gave rise to the term “Mortuary Hilt”. However, this maybe more of modern application to the sword style than a term used widely in period.
- Overall Length : 40.2 in | 1019.2mm
- Blade Length from front of guard: 34 in | 990mm
- Grip Length : 3.8 in | 96.5mm
- Center of Mass : 5 in | 127mm (from guard)
- Weight: 2.56 lbs | 1163 gr
CC AttributionCreative Commons Attribution
Nov 9th 2017