Museum Village Düppel - House 103D Model
Museum Village Düppel is a seasonal open-air museum. It presents visitors with a reconstruction of an approximately 800-year-old village. The site of this former settlement has now been reconstructed with residences, storehouses, workshops, fields and gardens.
1967 marked the start of archaeological excavations in southwest Berlin. They revealed evidence of building foundations and farmyards of a village from the period just before 1200. Thanks to experimental archaeology, it was possible to rebuild the medieval village on the settlement’s original site. The village has developed into a widely recognised centre for experimental archaeology.
Digitized by the HTW Berlin - University of Applied Sciences, Institute DE:HIVE. The project was a part of a yearly programme, organized by digiS and is financed by the Senate of Berlin.
CC BY-Attribution: HTW Berlin - DE:HIVE/City Museum Berlin