Made in about 1700, this oak chest used by the Corporation of Shipowners and Shipmasters was for keeping cash and documents in safe custody before banks were instituted.
Its former contents are thought to have been lost when the chest was confiscated by Cromwell’s army and taken to Stirling Castle.
For information on visiting Trinity House, go to our website.
1025 x 770 x 420mm
TRH061 | Rae Project