Parts of a CrosierYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The presented objects are the remains of an 11th-century crosier, which was found in 1961 in a 12th-century abbey grave during excavations carried out in the chancel of the monastery church in Tyniec. The crosier was probably brought to Tyniec by Benedictines in the 4th quarter of the 11th century.
The nodus has the shape of a flattened ball with a round hole facing downwards, which was used to attach the crosier’s shaft. The crook of the crosier has a circular intersection, with a hexagonal one at the end, and is finished with the head of a dragon or a snake with an apple in its mouth. The lower fitting has no decorations.
ca. 1050, Tyniec
Museum of the Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec
Inventory number: Dep. 319