Peggy's DockYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
This is the dock George Quayle built for Peggy outside her boat house. Peggy herself was built in 1789 and original run from boat house to harbour on a cast iron carriage, down a slipway. For reasons we do not fully understand, in 1802 Quayle dug this dock in place of the slipway. It may have been necessitated by his alterations to Peggy herself at that time. The dock is paved with locally-sourced limestone flags and was originally lined with timber. At one end is the blocked-up archway through which Peggy was launched into the harbour. The remains of a vertically sliding dock gate were discovered at the foot of the arch. This model is currently monochrome.