Piazza San Pellegrino (Viterbo) a.D.1100Your model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
In the center of the medieval quarter of Viterbo is the square and church of San Pellegrino mentioned in a document of 1045 as belonging to the Abbey of Farfa. In 1889 the façade was restored in Neo-Gothic style by Bishop Grasselli. It was badly damaged during the bombings of the Second World War. In the same piazza is the Palazzo degli Alessandri. Built in the first half of the 13th century by the powerful Alessandri family, it was later lived in by a branch of the Alessandrini family before being broken up into different properties. The palace covered three sides of the square, as numerous family coat of arms show. Nowadays only the part of the building with the covered profferlo staircase is considered Palazzo Alessandri.The outside has a wide balcony and large lowered arch, an interesting variant of the typical Viterbo style profferlo.
coordinates: 42.413748, 12.105592
photogrammetry: 430 photos - 24/35mm lenses