Pictish symbol stone. Inverurie 4.3D Model
Project commissioned by Aberdeenshire Council.
Inverurie 4, Aberdeenshire, Pictish symbol stone fragment
Measurements: H 1.25m, W 0.82m, D 0.31m
Stone type: pink granite
Evidence for discovery: all four symbol stones were built into the walls of the medieval church, which was demolished in 1775. They were then built into the churchyard wall, whence they were removed and set up in a line in the churchyard in the nineteenth century.
Description: This slab is incised with a trotting horse, facing right, with scroll joints and a long tail. The head has a pointed ear, circular eye and five hairs representing the mane.
Date: seventh century.