Vertices: 173.1kMore model information
Kilmartin Church and grounds contain one of the largest collections of stone graveslabs in the West Highlands, with more than 90 carved monuments on display dating from early Christian, medeival, and post-Reformation time periods.
Amongst these are this group of seven carved graveslabs, which include two effigies of medieval warriors, three medieval graveslabs, and two tombstones from the 1600s.
All but one were reused and inscribed with the name ‘Poltalloch’. This was probably done after the Malcolms of Poltalloch bought the Campbell of Kilmartin estate in 1827.
To learn more about visiting Kilmartin Churchyard, go to our website.