Loading 3D model
(Poly model) Thompson's Folly, Cottingham
“Thompson’s Folly” was built in 1825 by Thomas Thompson within the grounds of his grand castellated house, Cottingham Castle near Hull. Cottingham Castle was left as a derelict site after Thompson’s death in 1828 and a subsequent fire in May 1861. The folly is in the octagonal tower form featuring neo-gothic windows and is two-storeys tall. The style highly resembles Cottingham Castle itself. Built as a prospect tower, it stands on the highest point of the estate which at present is the grounds of Castle Hill Hospital.
Created using polygon modelling in Blender (personal project).