Loading 3D model
You are seeing a 360° image instead.
Connection error. Please try again.
Sorry, the model can't be displayed.
Please check out our FAQ to learn how to fix this issue.
It looks like your browser or this site is blocking some scripts or cookies necessary to properly display the viewer.
Or visit the Help Center for more information:
Pop Culture Pumpkin 3D Model
Quick test of emissive materials for the Jack-o’-lanterns Challenge (not an entry because “not my pumpkin”).
Tricks I went for (in blender and python):
- Convert b&w images of banksy murals to obj files with a script derived from this project: this gives an easy way to cut through the pumpkin with boolean operations
- Bits of blender scripting to import the converted object and shape it into a cylindrical form around the pumpkin with Solidify and Curve modifiers
- Create and merge an interior surface for the pumpkin, from a flattened sphere, with a different material.
- Bake the marvel image from a cylinder subdivided and “shrinkwraped” to the pumpkin surface to try and reproduce surface carving with an emissive material
- Boosted bloom (high intensity and radius), plus emmissive materials and a point light inside the pumpkin
CC Attribution Creative Commons Attribution
Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed.more info