Loading 3D model
Pop Culture Pumpkin 3D Model
Quick test of emissive materials for the Jack-o’-lanterns Challenge (not an entry because “not my pumpkin”).
Tricks I went for (in blender and python):
- Convert b&w images of banksy murals to obj files with a script derived from this project: this gives an easy way to cut through the pumpkin with boolean operations
- Bits of blender scripting to import the converted object and shape it into a cylindrical form around the pumpkin with Solidify and Curve modifiers
- Create and merge an interior surface for the pumpkin, from a flattened sphere, with a different material.
- Bake the marvel image from a cylinder subdivided and “shrinkwraped” to the pumpkin surface to try and reproduce surface carving with an emissive material
- Boosted bloom (high intensity and radius), plus emmissive materials and a point light inside the pumpkin
CC Attribution Creative Commons Attribution
Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed.more info