Loading 3D model
The Raimondi Chapel (Cappella Raimondi), is a chapel in the church of San Pietro in Montorio, in Rome, Italy.
The Chapel was designed by the artist Gianlorenzo Bernini, a prolific sculptor and architect of Baroque Rome, and construction took place between 1638 and 1648. The tombs of Francesco and Girolamo Raimondi flank a central altar that shows the Ecstasy of St. Francis.
A hidden window provides raking light to the sculptural relief at the altar, an altarpiece by Francesco Baratta, demonstrating the consideration of the architectural space and the sculptural decoration as a unified whole.
For another chapel at San Pietro in Montorio, click here
For the exterior of San Pietro in Montorio, click here