The Museum of Sofia was established in 1928 and in the first 25 years of its existence it combines the activities of a museum, an urban library, an archive and an art gallery. For a long time the museum does not have a suitable building for its exposure. On December 1, 1941, at the “Banski” Square, the first permanent exhibition of the museum was opened. During the World War II bombing, the building was destroyed. Finally in 1998 it was decided to be located in the building of the former Central Mineral Bath of Sofia. The construction of a modern mineral bath in the city center began in 1906. It was opened for visits on May 1, 1913. Author of the designer project was the Austrian architect Friedrich Grünanger and the work was done by his Bulgarian colleague Petko Momchilov.