Rosedale East Engine Bed closeYour model is disabled. For more details go to Edit properties3D Model
The remains of an engine bed and building at one of the former drift mine entrances at Rosedale East. The picture below shows the type of oil/diesel engine that might have sat here, with a massive single cylinder. This engine was installed by the Carlton Iron Company in 1900 and drove an electric generator for power for lighting, drills and haulage for the mine.
Pictue by Thomas Smith: