The monumental complex of Santa Maria di Leuca del Belvedere was built between 1685 and 1709 thanks to the generosity of the priest Don Annibale Capece, who belonged to family of the barons of Barbarano. The whole of the buildings was placed on the road that led to the Marian shrine of Leuca and offered refuge, comfort and consolation to the pilgrims. In front of the church there is a classical pronaos and inside it is entirely decorated with frescoes. Around it there was an inn, sheds for the horses, a space dedicated to the market and above all, a shelter for pilgrims. They could find hospitality inside a large underground cave, specially dug into the rock, in which there are three deep wells that can also be reached from the outside.