São Tiago Church | Montemor-o-Novo's Castle3D Model
It had already been referenced before 1302 as one of the four existing Parish Churches in the intramural village of Montemor-o-Novo. It was open to worship until the second half of the 19th century. In this church we can find an interesting set of mural paintings, executed during the 17th and 18th centuries. With its still very well preserved decoration of an “Orchestra of Musician Angels”, the ceiling of the main chapel is especially noteworthy.
It was restored to be used as the Interpretative Center of the Castle in 2007. This scan was executed in April 2019, when the church was soon to be restored for the second time and to get a new exhibition. The Interpretation Center of the Castle of Montemor-o-Novo reopened on March 7th 2020.
Processed in RealityCapture, this model was made using 683 drone images, 1900 terrestrial images, and 96 FAROFocus3D laser scan positions.